There are 48 owner complaints spread out over 5 years, but the most belong to the 2005.
This generation ranks 27th in reliability out of 48 overall Hyundai generations.
This generation has been recalled 24 times. It's also part of 30 investigations and has 104 TSBs.
- wheels / hubs premature tire wear in the 2005 Tucson at 18150 miles
- steering power steering shuts off with wet roads in the 2008 Tucson at 30937 miles
- drivetrain juddering of wheels when turning at low speeds in the 2009 Tucson at 1000 miles
- engine threw a rod in the 2005 Tucson at 126000 miles
- engine sudden engine rev in the 2005 Tucson at 45458 miles
- electrical won't start in the 2005 Tucson at 39600 miles