There are 236 owner complaints spread out over 5 years, but the most belong to the 2013.
This generation ranks 46th in reliability out of 48 overall Hyundai generations.
This generation has been recalled 6 times. It's also part of 2 investigations and has 108 TSBs.
- engine engine failure in the 2013 Santa Fe at 74433 miles
- engine violent jerking trying to accelerate in the 2013 Santa Fe at 38887 miles
- transmission hesitation in the 2017 Santa Fe at 1007 miles
- AC / heater ac stopped working in the 2013 Santa Fe at 30004 miles
- electrical wiring harness chewed by rodents in the 2014 Santa Fe at 25000 miles
- steering vehicle drifting in the 2013 Santa Fe at 12124 miles