There are 476 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 2007.
This generation ranks 44th in reliability out of 48 overall Hyundai generations.
This generation has been recalled 28 times. It's also part of 15 investigations and has 206 TSBs.
- body / paint paint coming off in the 2009 Santa Fe at 67171 miles
- fuel system fuel level sensor failed in the 2008 Santa Fe at 83722 miles
- fuel system fuel gauge not reading correctly, check engine light on in the 2007 Santa Fe at 97487 miles
- engine car stalls in the 2011 Santa Fe at 47029 miles
- engine engine failed in the 2010 Santa Fe at 81143 miles
- engine engine stalls/dies while driving in the 2009 Santa Fe at 87042 miles