There are 136 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 2004.
This generation ranks 32nd in reliability out of 48 overall Hyundai generations.
This generation has been recalled 19 times. It's also part of 9 investigations and has 290 TSBs.
- body / paint paint is wearing off in the 2004 Santa Fe at 91016 miles
- body / paint paint is easily damaged in the 2005 Santa Fe at 20025 miles
- engine runs rough, check engine light on in the 2004 Santa Fe at 68959 miles
- engine loss of power, no acceleration in the 2004 Santa Fe at 129000 miles
- suspension coil spring broken in the 2005 Santa Fe at 142000 miles
- brakes abs, traction control lights come on in the 2005 Santa Fe at 64829 miles