There are 723 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 2013.
This generation ranks 47th in reliability out of 48 overall Hyundai generations.
This generation has been recalled 10 times. It's also part of 11 investigations and has 206 TSBs.
- fuel system mpg not close to epa estimates in the 2013 Elantra at 9873 miles
- steering steering locked up in the 2016 Elantra at 6533 miles
- engine engine ticking in the 2012 Elantra at 57140 miles
- engine ticking sound in the 2011 Elantra at 68229 miles
- wheels / hubs tire blow out in the 2016 Elantra at 1289 miles
- engine rattles at start up in the 2011 Elantra at 57763 miles