There are 168 owner complaints spread out over 4 years, but the most belong to the 2010.
This generation ranks 41st in reliability out of 48 overall Hyundai generations.
This generation has been recalled 20 times. It's also part of 14 investigations and has 92 TSBs.
- steering power steering out in the 2008 Elantra at 66604 miles
- transmission transmission failure in the 2010 Elantra at 60611 miles
- suspension front suspension failure in the 2009 Elantra at 37283 miles
- steering EPS light on, can't steer in the 2009 Elantra at 66368 miles
- engine oil leak/smoke in the 2009 Elantra at 28235 miles
- accessories - interior sun visors breaking, falling down in the 2007 Elantra at 62300 miles