There are 101 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 2006.
This generation ranks 35th in reliability out of 48 overall Hyundai generations.
This generation has been recalled 27 times. It's also part of 32 investigations and has 242 TSBs.
- fuel system missing or stalling when driving in the 2006 Elantra at 48389 miles
- transmission transmission slipping in the 2001 Elantra at 60830 miles
- engine overheating in the 2002 Elantra at 80628 miles
- cooling system overheating caused engine failure in the 2002 Elantra at 80000 miles
- brakes brake pads have excessive wear in the 2006 Elantra at 31500 miles
- seat belts / air bags air bag light is on in the 2006 Elantra at 119912 miles