There are 32 owner complaints spread out over 4 years, but the most belong to the 2012.
This generation ranks 23rd in reliability out of 48 overall Hyundai generations.
This generation has been recalled 11 times. It's also part of 12 investigations and has 35 TSBs.
- transmission slipping at slow speeds in the 2010 Elantra Touring at 25629 miles
- accessories - exterior hatchback latch failure in the 2012 Elantra Touring at 21250 miles
- transmission would buck and move foward while in park in the 2009 Elantra Touring at 1429 miles
- suspension stabilizer bars loose in the 2012 Elantra Touring at 36930 miles
- windows / windshield power window control not working in the 2011 Elantra Touring at 23256 miles
- AC / heater condensor failure in the 2009 Elantra Touring at 33554 miles