There are 7 owner complaints spread out over 4 years, but the most belong to the 1998.
This generation ranks 11th in reliability out of 48 overall Hyundai generations.
This generation has been recalled 12 times. It's also part of 15 investigations and has 117 TSBs.
- transmission downshifts unexpectedly in the 1998 Accent at 76000 miles
- transmission will not back up in the 1998 Accent at 82000 miles
- engine squealing noise from engine in the 1995 Accent at 107000 miles
- engine car shuts down while driving in the 1998 Accent at 198839 miles
- transmission problems shifting in the 1998 Accent at 112000 miles
- accessories - interior door handles break constantly in the 1995 Accent at 139000 miles